Mission and Vision | History | Board of Directors & Staff | Hours of Operation | Latest News | Contact
Key Facts About Food For the Soul
- Food for the Soul is a local, faith-based Christian mission that depends primarily upon local generosity for funding, as well as gifts in kind.
- Food for the Soul serves free, home-cooked lunches four days a week to anyone in need. Since opening in December 2010, FFS has been able to provide nearly 65,000 meals to residents of Kershaw County, averaging 50 – 75 meals per day.
- Over 1,600 men, women, and children have been provided cold weather and crisis sheltering since providing these services for over 5 years.
- The actual cost to FFS to prepare & serve a hot, nutritious, balanced meal is approximately $2 per meal. That affordable price is due to generous gifts-in-kind of canned goods, non-perishables and supplies, and the good work of our staff and volunteers.
- Food for the Soul also operates a winter shelter. We provide warm shelter, showers, & clothes washing for the homeless whenever nighttime temps are predicted to be 36 degrees or lower. Can accommodate men, women and families. Also provide showers & clothes washing to homeless during daytime hours, as needed. Last year we sheltered about 400 people.
- Have 6 paid staff members and are blessed with many loyal volunteers who help prepare & serve all meals and operate the homeless shelter.
- 100% of all donations will go directly to support FFS mission of feeding the hungry and for temporary shelter to homeless.